Advanced Strategies UMAT Practice Test Course
The Advanced Strategies UMAT Practice Test Course (UMAT102) is a pre-medical course developed to provide students with the opportunity to practice the skills required to complete UMAT to a high standard. The METC Institute academic faculty have designed this course. Consequently, this allows students the opportunity to leverage the knowledge and insights of experts in the field of medical education. Finally, the course includes UMAT practice questions in the form of practice exams.
Course workload: 60 hours
Course credits: 4 credit points
Scope: Sections I, II, III of UMAT
Suitability/Eligibility: Pre-Medical students aiming to practice skills required to perform in all sections of UMAT
Aims of the UMAT practice questions course
Overall the Advanced Strategies UMAT practice test course aims to provide UMAT candidates with the opportunity to practice the skills required to complete UMAT to a high standard. The course comprises 10 full-length UMAT practice exams. The METC Institute Academic Faculty have written and reviewed each exam. Therefore, ensuring that questions are of a high standard and representative of the UMAT exam.
In summary, students who complete the course should:
- Demonstrate and apply advanced reasoning skills in the domain of text-based and graphical stimuli
- Extrapolate from provisional data, and form and test plausible hypotheses based on such data via application of logical reasoning
- Identify, understand, and infer human emotions and behaviour from scenario stimuli including but not limited to excerpts of dialogue, literature, opinion pieces, and personal reflections; and finally,
- Comprehend and logically deduce abstract and non-verbal problems via application of specific techniques in pattern analysis and non-verbal reasoning
This is an entirely online course and comprises a total minimum of 60 hours. These minimum study hours comprise the examination and review time for all exams and questions. Consequently, students are expected to complete and review each UMAT practice exam.
- Online component: 10 full-length UMAT practice exams of 1340 questions. Upon completion, each exam provides candidates with an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and opportunities for further improvement