GAMSAT Swotvac Program
The GAMSAT Swotvac Program consists of a total of three course subjects. Firstly, the GAMSAT Essentials Course (CR100) which aims to provide GAMSAT candidates with insights into how to prepare for GAMSAT, and to maximise/orient student efforts. Candidates are provided with a method for studying the exam with this method focuses on both the content that needs to be covered, but also how best to study this content. Secondly, students train to focus on concepts and apply knowledge, instead of rote memorising content. Finally, the subject gives candidates a study syllabus covering all important aspects of their preparation.
Second, via the GAMSAT Advanced Strategies Course (CR103), this program provides candidates with access to 2000, extensively reviewed, GAMSAT questions validated by our Academic Faculty. This allows a problem-based learning approach and also preparation to Section 1 and Section 3 of GAMSAT. Additionally, students develop analytical and complex reasoning skills.
The GAMSAT Swotvac Program also offers preparation for Section 2 through the GAMSAT Short Essay Writing Course (CR106). This course provides students with the opportunity to receive detailed feedback and recommendations for improvement for a selection of GAMSAT essay tasks. Additionally, it allows students to quickly formulate a structured and organised approach to GAMSAT essay writing.
Aims of the course
The primary aim of the GAMSAT Swotvac Program is to provide students with the complex reasoning skills required to gain successful entry into Medicine. This is achieved through completion of various courses offered by the METC Institute.
In summary, students who complete the GAMSAT Swotvac Package will:
- Develop a successful method for studying and preparing for the exam;
- Display superior and advanced complex reasoning skills in Humanities and Science;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Be equipped with proven strategies to maximise scores and performance in GAMSAT;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece, and finally;
- Be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes.
CR100 – GAMSAT Essentials
- GAMSAT Essentials Module: The module describes how to study for GAMSAT. Primarily, the module details approaches to studying for each section of the examination. As students progress, both the scope and depth of studies for each section are also discussed.
- GAMSAT Essentials full length Trial Exam: This trial exam is unique. The first section provides candidates with insights into the styles of questions seen in recent GAMSAT sittings. The second section provides candidates with the essay topics from the most recent GAMSAT exams. Finally, the third section gives candidates a body of original questions representative of the science concepts most regularly assessed in the exam.
CR103 – GAMSAT Advanced Strategies
- GAMSAT Advanced Strategies Classrooms: 20 x workshops with problem-based learning and discussion, delivered online through METC Institute’s GAMSAT Classroom. Each workshop is a minimum of 2-hours in duration and are coached by members of the METC Institute Academic Faculty. The frequency, timing and topics for these workshops can be found in the suggested study plan detailed below. All workshops are also recorded and made available for students to review on an ongoing basis for the duration of course access (1 year). This allows students to repeatedly consolidate their learning, or to complete the program in an accelerated fashion if enrolling closer to GAMSAT.
- METC GAMSAT Exam: This is a full-length and unique online exam was specifically designed by our Academic Faculty to be closely representative of GAMSAT.
- Exam Dates: 10 August 2019 and 15 February 2020.
- Online Practice Exams: 22 online GAMSAT exams consisting of 2000, extensively reviewed, GAMSAT practice questions validated by our Academic Faculty. All questions include worked solutions and/or references for self-directed learning. The distribution includes 900 Humanities GAMSAT questions (12 Humanities Exams) and 1100 Science GAMSAT questions (10 Science Exams).
CR106 – GAMSAT Short Essay Writing
- Online Essay Exams (CR106): Students are required to complete 3 assessment modules comprising a total of 6 essay tasks. Each of the 6 essay tasks is critically analysed individually and scored by our expert tutors, with recommendations for improvement provided in detailed reports (refer to published course details on the website for further information).