GAMSAT Silver Program
The GAMSAT Silver Program includes four courses and allows the student to develop advanced knowledge and complex reasoning skills needed to excel in Science. It also teaches students how to best prepare and study for the exam, consolidates and builds current knowledge, reviews key additional GAMSAT topic areas together with providing complex reasoning strategies needed to maximise scores in Section 3 of GAMSAT. This preparation is facilitated by access to thousands of extensively reviewed, GAMSAT questions validated by our Academic Faculty.
The primary aim of the GAMSAT Silver Program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to gain successful entry into Medicine. This is achieved through completion of various courses offered by the METC Institute.
In summary, students who complete the GAMSAT Silver Program will:
- Develop a successful method for studying and preparing for the exam
- Display knowledge and proficiency of common GAMSAT topics in Science;
- Display superior and advanced complex reasoning skills in Humanities and Science;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Be equipped with proven strategies to maximise scores and performance in GAMSAT;
- Demonstrate refined essay writing skills;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Write in a manner that demonstrates fluency of language, and finally;
- Be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes.
The program includes the below courses:
- CR100 – GAMSAT Essentials Course
- CR102 – GAMSAT Advanced Science
- CR103 – GAMSAT Advanced Strategies – includes GAMSAT Practice Exam (CR108)
- CR105 – GAMSAT Standard Essay Writing
CR100 – GAMSAT Essentials
- GAMSAT Essentials Module:The module describes how to study for GAMSAT. Primarily, the module details approaches to studying for each section of the examination. As students progress, both the scope and depth of studies for each section are also discussed.
- GAMSAT Essentials full length Trial Exam: This trial exam is unique. The first section provides candidates with insights into the styles of questions seen in recent GAMSAT sittings. The second section provides candidates with the essay topics from the most recent GAMSAT exams. Finally, the third section gives candidates a body of original questions representative of the science concepts most regularly assessed in the exam.
CR102 – GAMSAT Advanced Science
- GAMSAT Advanced Science Classrooms: The GAMSAT Advanced Science Course workshops are held online in the GAMSAT Advanced Science Classroom. Each workshop is held twice per year, which allows students to consolidate their knowledge and potentially use the course to prepare for GAMSAT in both September and March. All workshops are also recorded and made available for students to review on an ongoing basis for the duration of course access (1 year). Students will therefore have the flexibility to pursue accelerated learning options if enrolling closer to GAMSAT.
- Online Modules: The GAMSAT Advanced Science Course (CR102) also includes 30 comprehensive online modules, each with a range of GAMSAT Questions.for CR102 are made available through the METC Institute student portal. Course fees include access to the online modules for 365 days. Further fees apply for extensions and may only be granted on application.
CR103 – GAMSAT Advanced Strategies
- GAMSAT Advanced Strategies Classrooms: 20 x workshops with problem-based learning and discussion, delivered online through METC Institute’s GAMSAT Classroom. Each workshop is a minimum of 2-hours in duration and are coached by members of the METC Institute Academic Faculty. The frequency, timing and topics for these workshops can be found in the suggested study plan detailed below. All workshops are also recorded and made available for students to review on an ongoing basis for the duration of course access (1 year). This allows students to repeatedly consolidate their learning, or to complete the program in an accelerated fashion if enrolling closer to GAMSAT.
- METC GAMSAT Exam: This is a full-length and unique online exam was specifically designed by our Academic Faculty to be closely representative of GAMSAT.
- Exam Dates: 10 August 2019 and 15 February 2020
- Online Practice Exams: 22 online GAMSAT exams consisting of 2000, extensively reviewed, GAMSAT practice questions validated by our Academic Faculty. All questions include worked solutions and/or references for self-directed learning. The distribution includes 900 Humanities GAMSAT questions (12 Humanities Exams) and 1100 Science GAMSAT questions (10 Science Exams).
CR105 – GAMSAT Standard Essay Writing
- Online Exams (CR105-E1 to CR104-E6): Students are required to complete 6 Essay Exams comprising a total of 12 essay tasks. Each of the 12 essay tasks is critically analysed individually and scored by our expert tutors, with recommendations for improvement.
- Online Theory Modules (CR105-01 to CR105-05): Students are required to study and complete 5 theory modules in GAMSAT essay writing. These modules include 1) CR105-01 GAMSAT Essay Strategies, 2) CR105-02 Organisation and the Language of Persuasion, 3) CR105-03 Clarity, Eclecticisms and Rhetorical Devices, 4) CR105-04 Word Choice and Vocabulary and 5) CR105-05 Mechanics of Writing and Matters of Form.
- Refer to published course details on the website for further information.