The GAMSAT High Achiever Program is an intensive pre-medical program requiring a high degree of motivation and sustained commitment to learning.
The GAMSAT High Achiever Program is by qualification only and is without exception the most comprehensive and powerful GAMSAT preparation program available today. Candidates are so thoroughly prepared that we are able to offer the METC Institute High Achiever Guarantee of acceptance into medicine: In the unlikely event that you are not accepted, despite completing all aspects of the program, we will provide you with free enrolment into the GAMSAT Platinum Program (valued at $3688) the following year.
The success of this course is evident in the performance of its previous students. While past performance is not a guarantee of individual future performance, we have been able to survey and verify the results of every student who has successfully completed the GAMSAT High Achiever Program (defined as completion and submission of all exams, prescribed assessment & learning tasks, and a passing score in the summative examination – METC GAMSAT Exam). In these previous cohorts, every student has achieved a GAMSAT score high enough for acceptance into medicine. Of the cohorts, most have been able to achieve scores high enough to enter Medicine at the most competitive universities such as the University of Queensland or the University of Sydney.
The program aims to maintain a standard of excellence in developing for students a critical knowledge base in science, deemed necessary as a pre-requisite to postgraduate studies in Medicine. The program also strives to develop higher-level complex reasoning and problem-solving skills in broad topic areas ranging from Humanities to the Sciences. The development of advanced written communication skills is also an integral feature of the program, with intensive course subjects devoted to this component. From 2017, the program consists of a total of 8 course subjects covering all aspects of GAMSAT and includes comprehensive Medicine Entrance Interview Preparation.
The total course workload is equivalent to 110 credit points and will require approximately 1150-1700 hours to complete over a maximum period of 2 years. The GAMSAT High Achiever Program is a full-time endeavour although many previous students who have successfully completed the program have done so in combination with full-time work or University commitments – a testament to their dedication and motivation for success. As students are advised to sit GAMSAT at every opportunity during their study program, many students graduate from the Program early, having achieved highly competitive GAMSAT scores that allow direct entry into Medicine.
The GAMSAT High Achiever Program includes the following courses:
- CR101 – GAMSAT Foundations & Complex Reasoning (12.5 credit point course)
- CR102 – GAMSAT Science & Complex Reasoning (12.5 credit point course)
- CR103 – GAMSAT Advanced Strategies & Complex Reasoning (12.5 credit point course)
- CR104 – GAMSAT Intensive Essay Writing (12.5 credit point course)
- CR107 – GAMSAT Essay Masters (25 credit point course) [NEW Course – 2017]
- CR200 – GAMSAT High Achiever (12.5 credit point course)
- CR204 – GAMSAT Advanced Intensive Essay Writing (12.5 credit point course)
- CR303 – Medicine Entrance Interview Combined Course (10 credit point course)
CR200 and CR204 are exclusive courses available only to students of the GAMSAT High Achiever Program.
The primary aims of the GAMSAT High Achiever Program are to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to gain successful entry into Medicine and to build a solid foundation for graduate medical studies. This is achieved through the completion of various courses offered by METC Institute and additionally, through the completion of exclusive courses, while receiving personal tutoring and mentoring offered by our Academic Faculty.
Students who complete the GAMSAT High Achiever Program will develop the following skills:
- Display superior and advanced knowledge and proficiency of common and uncommon GAMSAT topics in Humanities and Science;
- Display superior and advanced complex reasoning skills in Humanities and Science;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Be equipped with proven strategies to maximise scores and performance in GAMSAT;
- Demonstrate advanced essay writing skills;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Write in a manner that demonstrates fluency of language;
- Demonstrate higher level reasoning and interpretative skills for GAMSAT essay stimulus themes;
- Be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes;
- Display an intimate knowledge of interview selection criteria and assessment;
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of medical and non-medical ethics;
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of common interview topics, and;
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills.
In completing the GAMSAT High Achiever Program, students will also develop certain personal values including:
- An understanding of the principles of resilience and lifelong curiosity;
- An understanding of the principles of reflective practice and the ability to apply them;
- The ability to identify and address their own learning needs;
- The ability to respond constructively to appraisal, performance review or assessment, and;
- The ability to apply effective time management and organisational skills.