Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program – Guaranteed Med Entry
The Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program is a pre-medical course developed to maximise the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) and to enhance performance in all sections of the UMAT exam and the Undergraduate Medical School Interview. The METC Institute Academic Faculty has designed this course. Consequently, this allows students the opportunity to leverage the knowledge and insights of experts in the field of medical education. It also has a guarantee for undergraduate med entry.
Aims of the Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program
The METC Institute Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program combines intensive Year 12 science tuition with comprehensive UMAT preparation to enable students to obtain the highest possible Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for entrance into undergraduate Medicine. The program is offered by application and competitive selection only and offers Guaranteed Med Entry.
The student receives personal tutoring in addition to a personalised study plan that integrates, complements, and enhances the defined Year 12 curriculum in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Modes of teaching delivery includes a combination of attendance lectures, as well as online teaching via a comprehensive online learning platform.
The program also aims to provide UMAT candidates with detailed understanding of all aspects of the UMAT exam. This is in addition to a subsequent intensive practice regime. The courses of the High Achiever program not only focuses on content and complex reasoning skills habitually assessed in the UMAT exam, but also emphasise the application and practice of these concepts via completion of 11 full-length practice exams (1 live and 10 online).
In addition, candidates are thoroughly prepared for their undergraduate medical admissions interview. This is because this program includes automatic enrolment in the Medicine Interview Combined Course (CR303).
For those wishing to perform to the highest standard in their Year 12 studies, UMAT and their medical admissions interview, the METC Institute Academic Faculty advises enrolment in the UMAT High Achiever Program: Guaranteed Med Entry.
Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program Structure
Overall, students who complete the Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program will:
- Develop a thorough and intuitive understanding of all concepts in Year 12 Biology, Year 12 Chemistry, and Year 12 Physics
- Have proven strategies to maximise scores and performance in UMAT
- Demonstrate and apply advanced reasoning skills in the domain of text-based and graphical stimuli
- Extrapolate from provisional data, and form and test plausible hypotheses based on such data via application of logical reasoning
- Identify, understand, and infer human emotions and behaviour from scenario stimuli including but not limited to excerpts of dialogue, literature, opinion pieces, and personal reflections
- Comprehend and logically deduce abstract and non-verbal problems via application of specific techniques in pattern analysis and non-verbal reasoning
- Finally, produce sophisticated and eloquent responses to all possible styles of interview scenarios allowing the candidate to maximise their interview admissions score and gain entry into Undergraduate Medicine
In summary, the course involves a combination of attendance, online and self-directed home study for Year 12 science, UMAT examination, and Undergraduate Interview Preparation.
Students are thoroughly prepared for UMAT and their admissions interview via the UMAT101, UMAT102 and CR303 (interview) courses. Students are also prepared for their Year 12 exams through formal tuition throughout the academic year.
Year 12 & UMAT High Achiever Program Outline
|Year 12 Tuition (400 hours)||UMAT Preparation (120 hours)||Interview Preparation (130 hours)|
UMAT & Year 12 High Achiever Program Application
Apply for the UMAT & Year 12 High Achiever Program by completing the below application: