UMAT Gold Test Preparation Program
The UMAT Gold Test Preparation Program is a pre-medical course developed to enhance performance in all sections of the UMAT exam. The program involves foundation subjects and UMAT questions practice exams. The METC Institute academic faculty have designed this course therefore consequently, it allows students the opportunity to leverage the knowledge and insights of experts in the field of medical education.
The Gold UMAT Preparation Program combines the following METC Institute courses:
- UMAT101 – UMAT Foundations Course
- UMAT102 – UMAT Advanced Strategies Course
Course workload: 120 hours (16 hours attendance)
Courses included: 2
Course credits: 8 credit points
Scope: Sections I, II, & III of UMAT
Delivery: Online and Home Study components
Suitability/Eligibility: Pre-Medical students aiming to prepare and perform to the highest standard in all sections of UMAT
Aims of the course
The UMAT Gold Test Preparation Program aims to provide UMAT candidates with detailed understanding of all aspects of the UMAT exam along with a subsequent intensive practice regime. The course not only focuses on content and complex reasoning skills habitually assessed in the UMAT exam, but also emphasises the application and practice of these concepts via completion of 11 full-length practice exams.
For those wishing to perform to a high standard in UMAT, the METC Institute Academic Faculty advises enrolment in the Gold UMAT Preparation Program.
In summary, students who complete the course will:
- Demonstrate and apply advanced reasoning skills in the domain of text-based and graphical stimuli
- Extrapolate from provisional data, and form and test plausible hypotheses based on such data. This is completed via application of logical reasoning
- Identify, understand, and infer human emotions and behaviour from scenario stimuli including but not limited to excerpts of dialogue, literature, opinion pieces, and personal reflections
- Finally, comprehend and logically deduce abstract and non-verbal problems via application of specific techniques in pattern analysis and non-verbal reasoning
UMAT Advanced Strategies Course (UMAT102)
This is an entirely online course and comprises a total minimum of 60 hours. These minimum study hours comprise the examination and review time for all exams and questions. Consequently, students are expected to complete and review each UMAT practice exam.
- Online component: 10 full-length UMAT practice exams of 1340 questions. Upon completion, each exam provides candidates with an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and opportunities for further improvement