Pre – SET General Surgery Research Fellowship Program
The Pre – SET General Surgery Research Fellowship is for doctors interesting in pursuing a career in General Surgery and is designed to complement the practical experience obtained through hospital-based basic surgical training. The Pre – SET General Surgery Research Fellowship is completed part-time over a course of 12-18 months and is designed to facilitate entry into advanced surgical training through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ SET General Surgery Training Program. The program consists of 28 credit points (cp) in a purpose-designed research program facilitated by personalised mentorship and comprehensive preparation for the SET admission process through the development of core competencies vital to good medical and surgical practice.
Aims of the course
The aims of the course are to:
• To select candidates interested in surgical research for completion of a substantial piece of research work representing a significant contribution to the field of General Surgery and;
• To train candidates in general research methodology and research skills through practical application and;
• To facilitate candidates’ selection into the highly competitive SET General Surgery training program through a personalised mentorship, SET application and interview training program that focuses on the development of core competencies deemed highly important in the practice of medicine and surgery.
The Pre – SET General Surgery Research Fellowship includes the following elements:
• Research Fellowship
• SET General Surgery Mentorship Program
• SET Interview Combined Course (online & attendance)
To apply for the Pre-SET General Surgery Research Fellowship Program, please complete the below application form: