Work with your personal GAMSAT tutor
The GAMSAT High Achiever Program is the most comprehensive and successful GAMSAT preparation course available. The Program is a pre-medical course requiring a high degree of motivation in addition to a sustained commitment to learning. Additionally, through guidance by their personal GAMSAT tutor, candidates are best positioned for the maximisation of their GAMSAT score.
Firstly, due to the importance of the GAMSAT score in entering medicine, candidates must undertake intense GAMSAT preparation. Therefore the GAMSAT High Achiever Program is by qualification only. Candidates work through all subject in Sections I, II and III of the exam with their personal GAMSAT tutor. As a result, candidates are so thoroughly prepared that the METC Institute is able to offer the METC Institute High Achiever Guarantee of acceptance into medicine: In the unlikely event a candidate is not accepted, despite completing all aspects of the program, we will provide you with free enrolment into the GAMSAT Platinum Program (valued at $3688) the following year.
Why choose the High Achiever Program?
Additionally, the success of this course is evident in the performance of its previous students. While past performance is not a guarantee of individual future performance, we have been able to survey and verify the results of every student who has successfully completed the GAMSAT High Achiever Program (defined as completion and submission of all exams, prescribed assessment & learning tasks, and a passing score in the summative examination – METC GAMSAT Exam). In these previous cohorts, all students who have completed all aspects of the program have achieved a GAMSAT score high enough for acceptance into medicine. As a result most have been able to achieve GAMSAT scores high enough to enter Medicine at the most competitive universities such as the University of Queensland or the University of Sydney.
GAMSAT High Achiever Program Subjects
The program aims to maintain a standard of excellence in developing for students a critical knowledge base in science, deemed necessary as a pre-requisite to postgraduate studies in Medicine. The Program additionally strives to develop higher-level complex reasoning and problem-solving skills in broad topic areas ranging from Humanities to the Sciences. Due to the struggles of many students in essay writing, the development of advanced written communication skills is also an integral feature of the program. From 2017, the program consists of a total of 9 course subjects covering all aspects of GAMSAT and includes comprehensive Medicine Entrance Interview Preparation.
GAMSAT High Achiever Program Workload
The total course workload is equivalent to 112 credit points and will require approximately 1200-1750 hours to complete over a maximum period of 2 years. As a result the GAMSAT High Achiever Program is a full-time endeavor. While the program requires a significant time commitment, many previous students have successfully completed the program despite full-time work or University commitments. In this instance, the achievements of students are a testament to their dedication and motivation for success. Since students are advised to sit GAMSAT at every opportunity during their study program, many students graduate from the Program early. As a result these student achieve highly competitive GAMSAT scores that allow direct entry into Medicine at the earliest opportunity.
Fundamentally, the GAMSAT High Achiever Program includes the following courses:
- CR100 – GAMSAT Essentials Course
- CR101 – GAMSAT Foundations & Complex Reasoning (12.5 credit point course)
- CR102 – GAMSAT Science & Complex Reasoning (12.5 credit point course)
- CR103 – GAMSAT Advanced Strategies & Complex Reasoning (12.5 credit point course)
- CR104 – GAMSAT Intensive Essay Writing (12.5 credit point course)
- CR107 – GAMSAT Essay Masters (25 credit point course) [NEW Course – 2017]
- CR200 – GAMSAT High Achiever (12.5 credit point course)
- CR204 – GAMSAT Advanced Intensive Essay Writing (12.5 credit point course)
- CR303 – Medicine Entrance Interview Combined Course (10 credit point course)
CR200 and CR204 are exclusive courses available only to students of the GAMSAT High Achiever Program.
Aims of the GAMSAT High Achiever Program
The primary aims of the Program are to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to gain successful entry into Medicine. Firstly, this is achieved through the completion of various standard and exclusive courses while receiving personal teaching and mentoring from their GAMSAT tutor. In addition, students will build a solid foundation for graduate medical studies via comprehensive fundamental training in medical science.
How to Achieve these Aims
In order to achieve the above aims students will be trained to develop the following skills:
- Develop a successful method for studying and preparing for the exam;
- Display superior and advanced knowledge and proficiency of common and uncommon GAMSAT topics in Humanities and Science;
- Display superior and advanced complex reasoning skills in Humanities and Science;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Be equipped with proven strategies to maximise scores and performance in GAMSAT;
- Demonstrate advanced essay writing skills;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Write in a manner that demonstrates fluency of language;
- Demonstrate higher level reasoning and interpretative skills for GAMSAT essay stimulus themes;
- Be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes;
- Display an intimate knowledge of interview selection criteria and assessment;
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of medical and non-medical ethics;
- Exhibit superior knowledge of common interview topics, and;
- Develop superior written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to the above students completing the GAMSAT High Achiever Program will also develop certain personal values including:
- An understanding of the principles of resilience and lifelong curiosity;
- An understanding of the principles of reflective practice and the ability to apply them;
- Skills in identifying and addressing their own learning needs;
- The ability to respond constructively to appraisal from their personal GAMSAT tutor, performance review or assessment, and;
- Capacities in effective time management and organisational skills.
Why enrol in the GAMSAT High Achiever Program?
In conclusion, the GAMSAT High Achiever program provides candidates with the best opportunity for entering Graduate Medicine. While other courses and programs may aim to thoroughly prepare candidates for medicine, the High Achiever Program is without peer.