Personal preparation for GAMSAT Section 2
The GAMSAT Standard Essay Writing Course (CR105) is a popular alternative choice for students who wish to obtain superior preparation for GAMSAT Section 2 but who do not have the time availability to commit to the recommended GAMSAT Intensive Essay Writing Course (CR104). Firstly, the course develops a strong understanding of essay writing theory via interactive online modules. Secondly, students are required to write 12 practice essays under exam conditions. Essays are then corrected with personalised feedback. Finally, students revise their essays according to the feedback they have received
Overall, the course develops essay-writing skills, and teaches technical aspects of essay writing. This includes structure, organisation and also expression.
Aims of the GAMSAT Standard Essay Writing Course (CR105)
Firstly, the purpose of the course is to provide students with refined essay writing skills. Also, students gain the ability to competently and proficiently write superior essays within a limited time frame.
Students who complete the course should:
- Demonstrate refined essay writing skills;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Write in a manner that demonstrates fluency of language;
- Consequently be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes, and;
- Furthermore, have a framework for additional and complementary study in other courses offered by the METC Institute. These include GAMSAT Foundations & Complex Reasoning (CR101), GAMSAT Science & Complex Reasoning (CR102) and GAMSAT Advanced Strategies & Complex Reasoning (CR103) courses.
The course involves online study and assessment by correspondence:
- Online Exams (CR105-E1 to CR105-E6): Students are required to complete 6 Essay Exams comprising a total of 12 essay tasks. Each of these 12 essay tasks is critically analysed individually and scored by our expert tutors. In addition, personalised recommendations for improvement are provided in a detailed report.
- Online Theory Modules (CR105-01 to CR105-05): There are 5 theory modules in GAMSAT essay writing that students must study and complete. These modules include 1) CR105-01: GAMSAT Essay Strategies, 2) CR105-02: Organisation and the Language of Persuasion, 3) CR105-03: Clarity, Eclecticisms and Rhetorical Devices, 4) CR105-04: Word Choice and Vocabulary and 5) CR105-05: Mechanics of Writing and Matters of Form.