Score 70+ in GAMSAT Section 1
The METC Institute GAMSAT Humanities course is a specialised course created for high performance in GAMSAT Section 1.
The course was designed by specialists in the domain of tertiary humanities and is written specifically for candidates sitting the GAMSAT. The course provides candidates with exposure to the rationale and theoretical basis of the key styles of questioning seen in Section 1 of the GAMSAT, and provides candidates with a pragmatic approach to each style of question. Furthermore, the course provides GAMSAT candidates with access to over 1000 Section 1 GAMSAT practice questions enabling students to hone their skills of critical reasoning in the humanities.
In addition, the GAMSAT Humanities Course is supplemented with the GAMSAT Essentials Course (CR100) in order to provide candidates with appropriate insight into the ideal method of study and improvement in GAMSAT Section 1. The GAMSAT Essentials Course (CR100) also provides candidates with an approach to studying Section II and Section III of GAMSAT.
Aims of the GAMSAT Humanities Course
The objectives of the GAMSAT Humanities Course are as follows:
- Provide candidates with a blueprint of their approach to studying and improving their Section I score (via the GAMSAT Essentials course)
- Exposure candidates to the rationale and theory underlying GAMSAT Section 1 and therefore improve candidate’s overall understanding of the section
- Give candidates a pragmatic approach to working through specific types of questions in GAMSAT Section 1
- Facilitate practice of the skills necessary to perform in Section 1 of GAMSAT via 1000+ representative GAMSAT practice questions
Structure of the GAMSAT Humanities Course
The GAMSAT Humanities Course (CR109) is an online course completed via correspondence. The course includes the following components:
- GAMSAT Essentials module: The module describes how to study for GAMSAT. Primarily, the module details approaches to studying for each section of the examination. As students progress, both the scope and depth of studies for each section are also discussed.
- GAMSAT Essentials full-length trial exam: This trial exam is unique. The first section provides candidates with insights into the styles of questions seen in recent GAMSAT sittings. The second section provides candidates with the essay topics from the most recent GAMSAT exams. Finally, the third section gives candidates a body of original questions representative of the science concepts most regularly assessed in the exam.
- GAMSAT Humanities Modules (CR101-01 to CR101-6): Six humanities modules which describe the rationale for Section 1, styles of question in Section 1, and how to work through questions in Section 1 of GAMSAT.
- GAMSAT Humanities Trial Exams 1-12: Twelve complete humanities exams representative of GAMSAT Section 1. Students complete these exams and – based on performance feedback and areas of weakness – seek to improve performance.
Overall, the course is suitable for anyone preparing to sit the GAMSAT and assists in understanding how to maximise study time.