Intensive GAMSAT Essay Writing Course: Comprehensive coverage of all GAMSAT essay topics
The Intensive GAMSAT Essay Writing Course (CR104) is the premier course for students wishing to become experts in GAMSAT essay topics. Consequently, students score highly in Section 2 of the GAMSAT.
The success of this course is evident in the performance of past students. While past performance is not a guarantee of individual future performance, we have been able to research the results of every student who successfully completed the GAMSAT Intensive Essay Writing Course in 2018/2019 (defined as completion and submission of all essay tasks). In these students the mean score for Section Two was 74, corresponding to the 98th percentile of all students sitting GAMSAT in 2019.
Aims of the course
Firstly, the purpose of the course (CR104) is to provide students with advanced essay writing skills. In addition students gain the ability to competently and proficiently write superior essays covering a vast array of GAMSAT essay topics. Also, this is achieved within a limited time frame. Beyond the technical aspects of essay writing, the course teaches higher level reasoning and interpretation of GAMSAT essay topics. Consequently, students produce a piece of writing that demonstrates depth and breadth of thought, a key scoring criteria.
Students who complete the course should:
- Demonstrate advanced essay writing skills;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Write in a manner that demonstrates fluency of language;
- Demonstrate higher level reasoning and interpretative skills for GAMSAT essay topics;
- Consequently be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes, and;
- Have a framework for additional and complementary study in other courses offered by the METC Institute including GAMSAT Foundations & Complex Reasoning (CR101), GAMSAT Science & Complex Reasoning (CR102) and GAMSAT Advanced Strategies & Complex Reasoning (CR103) courses.