Gain insight into answering GAMSAT essay questions
The GAMSAT Short Essay Writing Course (CR106) is designed for students who want a focused preparation for Section 2 of GAMSAT. The course provides students with GAMSAT essay questions and also the opportunity to receive detailed feedback and recommendations for improvement. The course is suitable for those who have left themselves only a short amount of time to prepare for Section 2, or for those who require only a short refresher exercise in Section II.
Overall, the short course allows students to quickly formulate a structured and organised approach to GAMSAT essay writing. For students looking for more comprehensive coverage of Section II, the GAMSAT Standard or Intensive Essay courses (CR105 or CR104) should be considered.
Aims of the GAMSAT Short Essay Writing Course
Firstly, the purpose of the course is to provide students with detailed feedback about their answers to GAMSAT essay questions and recommendations for improvement in their essay writing skills. Consequently, it allows students to quickly formulate a structured and organised approach to GAMSAT essay writing.
Students who complete the course should:
- Be able to apply constructive feedback to improve all areas of essay writing;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Become familiar with time management requirements of GAMSAT essay writing, and;
- Finally, have a framework for additional and complementary study in other courses offered by the METC Institute including GAMSAT Foundations & Complex Reasoning (CR101), GAMSAT Science & Complex Reasoning (CR102) and GAMSAT Advanced Strategies & Complex Reasoning (CR103) courses.
The course involves online study and assessment by correspondence:
- Online Exams (CR106-E1 to CR106-E3): Students must complete 3 Essay Exams comprising a total of 6 essay tasks. Expert tutors critically analyse and score the 6 essay tasks. Finally, personalised recommendations for improvement are provided in a detailed report.