Live AMC Clinical Exam Course
The Live Preparation Workshop for the AMC Clinical Exam (IMG203) is an intensive, interactive and hands-on workshop conducted in a small group setting. The live AMC clinical exam course is facilitated by expert, Australian-trained specialist doctors with more than ten years experience in the Australian health care sector. Furthermore, all clinical skills facilitators have active academic appointments with local Universities and consultant-level clinical appointments in major Australian teaching hospitals.
The live AMC clinical exam course consists of intensive tutorials and small group, personalised clinical coaching that focuses on all elements of the AMC Clinical Exam. Candidates work specifically to gain critical skills and insights required for excellent performance in the AMC Clinical Exam. The AMC Clinical Exam represents a difficult barrier for the majority of international medical graduates. This intensive workshop breaks down the reasons why, introduces specific strategies, and focuses on individual improvement and performance for this high-stakes exam.
The Live Preparation Workshop for the AMC Clinical Exam (IMG203) aims to develop the skills necessary for competent clinical practice and to provide candidates with the strategies and approach required to pass the AMC Clinical Exam. This is achieved by intensive, small group tutorials with trial exam conditions designed to pressure-test the clinical skills of candidates. Personalised coaching is provided and all candidates are immersed in the practical nature of the teaching.
Specifically, the course aims to provide candidates with:
- Opportunities to pressure-test their clinical examination techniques and skills
- An archetypal framework for approaching each of the different OSCE stations including history taking, examination, interpretation of investigations, diagnosis formulation, and management/counselling/education
- An understanding of their own strengths (skills to continue) and weaknesses (skills that need improvement) to develop prior to the official exam
- Insight into the rationale and scoring mechanisms of the AMC Clinical Exam
- Personalised clinical coaching techniques and refinement of clinical skills
The workshop is facilitated by specialist medical practitioners and conducted in a small group setting to allow a personalised focus and maximal interaction. The course consists of intensive tutorials and small group, personalised clinical coaching that focuses on all elements of the AMC Clinical Exam.
Preparation for the clinical exam can also be completed online as an alternative option for candidates who are unable to complete a live attendance workshop.