AMC102 develops advanced critical and analytical skills and methods needed for exceptional performance at the AMC MCQ examination through the use of multiple trial exams, each with worked solutions, strategies and references for further study. AMC102 is completed online through the METC Institute’s advanced Canvas LMS portal. It includes 10 full-length AMC MCQ Trial Exams (total of 1500 MCQ’s). The course is supported by unlimited access to expert tutors, who are specialist medical practitioners that can provide guidance and clarification, individualised to personal requirements. This course allows candidates to develop and refine medical knowledge through problem-based learning, to develop exam strategy, to realise and attenuate weaknesses and to develop a higher level of understanding of the concepts required to maximise AMC MCQ CAT scores in order to transition into Australian medical practice.
Aims of the AMC MCQ Advanced Strategies Course
The AMC MCQ Advanced Strategies (AMC102) course aims to help candidates further develop their clinical reasoning capacities through problem based learning and application of knowledge to practice exams. Specific aims include development of capacities in:
- Clinical reasoning rather than rote knowledge of theory
- Ability to distinguish the most probable diagnosis from a list of plausible alternatives
- Critical appraisal of images of X-rays, electrocardiograms (ECGs), CT scans, clinical photographs and other visual material
- Recognition and management of life threatening illness
- Professional practice in the context of Australian healthcare
- Data collection, interpretation, and synthesis, and finally;
- Principles for development of management plans including education and health promotion, counselling, psychotherapy, pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapy, and other interventions
AMC MCQ Course Structure
The AMC MCQ Advanced Strategies (AMC102) course is completed online over 5-10 weeks under the guidance of the academic faculty. Candidates work through each trial exam and undergo further study in problem-based learning format under the guidance and support of an expert academic faculty.