- This event has passed.
Melbourne GAMSAT Foundations Course CR101
November 25, 2017 @ 8:30 am - November 26, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$897
Foundations & Complex Reasoning GAMSAT Melbourne preparation course
Course workload: 140 hours
Course credits: 12.5 credit points
Delivery: Attendance and online components
Suitability/Eligibility: Pre-Medical students aiming to perform in all sections of GAMSAT
Aims of the course
The purpose of the Foundations GAMSAT Melbourne preparation course is to provide students with a solid foundation and working knowledge of core topics regularly examined in GAMSAT. Overall, a focus on complex reasoning requires detailed understanding of core principles taught throughout the course.
The academic faculty of the METC Institute strongly recommends that all students intending to sit GAMSAT Melbourne enrol in the course. This includes students with a previous science or allied health background, where complex reasoning and GAMSAT-specific knowledge is the key to success. In summary, Foundations GAMSAT Melbourne preparation (CR101) course provides essential core knowledge of GAMSAT topics over a wide subject area that will not be covered by any other tertiary course studied in isolation.
In summary, students who complete the course should:
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in core GAMSAT topics in Humanities and Science;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Demonstrate understanding and proficiency of GAMSAT-specific written communication frameworks, and finally;
- Have a framework for additional and complementary study in other courses offered by the METC Institute. Courses include GAMSAT Melbourne Science & Complex Reasoning (CR102), GAMSAT Melbourne Advanced Strategies & Complex Reasoning (CR103) and GAMSAT Intensive Essay Writing (CR104) courses.
Overall, the course involves a combination of attendance and online study. Subject areas include the sciences as well as humanities and essay writing.
- Attendance Component: 2-days of intensive lectures and interactive problem-based learning. This course content includes GAMSAT-specific lectures in Humanities in addition to Written Communication and Science. It also has a focus on complex reasoning and problem solving.
- Online Modules (CR101-01 to CR101-30): 30 unique and detailed modules providing foundations of learning in key GAMSAT preparation topics. This also includes subject-specific GAMSAT complex reasoning questions. (Note: Lectures and online modules offered in CR101 are uniquely different in topic area and content to lectures and modules offered in CR102).